Office of Audit and Evaluation
The mandate of the Office of Audit and Evaluation (OAE) is to provide independent and objective advice and assurance to the Deputy Minister, on the effectiveness of risk management, controls and governance processes. This is achieved by:
- Providing the Deputy Minister with added assurance and advice, independent from line management, on risk management, control and governance processes;
- Directing the implementation and compliance with the Treasury Board Policy on Internal Audit;
- Directing the development of a specialized framework for the conduct of forensic audits and investigations relating to losses of money, illegal acts and other improprieties against the Crown; and
- Leading the operations to receive and act on disclosures of wrongdoing and report to the Deputy Minister.
The OAE is organized as follows:
- Continuous Auditing and Special Examinations Directorate
- Departmental Audit Committee
- Internal Audit Directorate
- Office of Internal Disclosure
- Professional Practices and Development Directorate
Consult Health Canada's Internal Audit Reports.
For further information, please contact the Office of Audit and Evaluation.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: