Health Canada is responsible for helping Canadians maintain and improve their health. It ensures that high-quality health services are accessible, and works to reduce health risks.
We are a federal institution that is part of the Health portfolio.
Make sure that Halloween is a safe and happy experience for the whole family.
Get resources and help promote awareness on preventing opioid overdoses
Get resources and help promote awareness on preventing opioid overdoses.
Recalls and alerts
Eating Well with Canada's Food Guide
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- Authorized Licensed Producers of Cannabis for Medical Purposes
- Drug Product Database
Obtaining a natural health product licence
- Food labels
- Safe internal cooking temperatures
Drugs and Health Products: Advisories, Warnings and Recalls
- Infant Feeding
Services and information
Protect against injury from everyday products, information for parents and professionals, and report an incident.
Regulating drugs and health products to support public safety.
Health effects of environmental and workplace factors including air, noise, soil and water pollution.
Controlling and regulating food products, and promoting good health through a nutritious and balanced diet.
Improving the health of First Nations and Inuit through disease prevention, health care services, benefits and more.
Our health care system, including commissions and inquiries, eHealth, pharmaceuticals, legislation and guidelines.
Preventing health problems by educating the public on drugs, diseases and more.
Supporting your physical, mental and spiritual health through healthy eating, physical activity and more.
Helping you make informed decisions about health through science, research and testing.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Food and Drug Act
- Protecting Canadians from Unsafe Drugs Act
- Consumer Product Safety Act
- Medical Marihuana for Medical Purpose Regulations
- Food and Drugs Act Liaison Office: Report on Activities April 2015 – March 2016
- Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada Guidelines on Public Engagement
- Report on Plans and Priorities
- Eating Well with Canada's Food Guide
- Licensed Natural Health Products
- 2013 National Radon Awareness Survey
- Canada Vigilance Adverse Reaction Online Database
- Recalls and Safety Alerts
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: