Consultation to amend List A (List of certain antimicrobial active pharmaceutical ingredients) - Proposed List A 2022: Closed consultation
From Health Canada
Current status: Closed
This consultation ran from March 07, 2022 to June 06, 2022.
Health Canada sought comments on the proposal to amend List A: List of certain antimicrobial active pharmaceutical ingredients . Ingredients on List A are subject to measures to help limit the development of resistance to these medically important antimicrobials and these measures are part of Health Canada’s commitment to protect public health and food safety.
At Health Canada's Veterinary Drugs Directorate (VDD), we make changes to List A as required, including when:
- Health Canada approves a new antimicrobial that meets the categorization criteria
- there is new information about an antimicrobial available on the international market
- there is new information about an antimicrobial already on the list
To comply with Canada's international trade obligations, consultation on the proposed List A was conducted by notifying the World Trade Organization.
Who was the focus of this consultation
Health Canada's VDD engaged with:
- General public
- Food animal producers
- Veterinary associations
- Veterinary professionals
- Canada's trading partners
- Other government departments
Goals of the consultation
The goal of the consultation was to get your comments on the Proposed List A 2022.
What happens after the consultation
Following the consultation, Health Canada will address any concerns before we update the List A with the effective implementation date.
- List A: List of certain antimicrobial active pharmaceutical ingredients
- About List A and medically important antimicrobials
Veterinary Drugs Directorate
Human Safety Division
Health Products and Foods Branch, Health Canada
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: