Expert Panel on Immune Globulin Product Supply and Related Impacts in Canada: Meeting #5
Meeting #5: Friday February 9 2018 Time: 13:00-15:00 EDT
Jeanne Mance Building, 200 Eglantine Drive, Ottawa
Teleconference: 1-877-413-4785; Conference ID#: 5525434#
Record of Decisions
- Review draft report
1. Welcome and Approval of Agenda
Dr. Ballem welcomed the Panel and secretariat by teleconference.
Decision: The Panel endorsed the meeting agenda.
2. Endorsement of Record of Decisions of December 7 & 8, 2017
Decision: The Panel confirmed endorsement of the pre-circulated RoD.
3. Review Report Draft #1
The Panel commenced the review of the first draft of the report with a high level feedback discussion, led by the Chair, and followed by a roundtable discussion. Each Panel member shared their recommendations and suggestions for reinforcement and highlighted strengths and areas for improvement in each chapter. Overall, the report was seen as structurally sound and the Panel was content with moving forward into a second draft that included discussed modifications.
- The Panel will produce a shorter 10 page summary of the report that is easier to digest for a wider range of audiences.
- The report mandate should be stated more clearly at the beginning of the report and referred to more often with clear links to the wording of the mandate.
- The report should be framed in a short, medium and long term issues.
- Update the table of contents to reflect the chapter on the security of the blood supply.
- Edit for redundancies and areas where information can be consolidated.
- Costing and economic considerations needs to be brought forward and consolidated.
- The Panel will consult with the Robert Koch Institute to inquire on infection data.
- The report should be edited to ensure considerations for patients are highlighted.
4. Next Steps
The Secretariat will compile the recommendations made by the Panel and produce the second draft for their review.
5. Meeting Adjourned
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: