Lunch box tuna salad wrap
This simple recipe is great to pack in your lunch for school or work. Use canned tuna from your cupboard and get these wraps ready in no time.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: no cooking needed
- 1 can light flaked tuna in water (120 g drained weight), drained
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) mayonnaise
- 5 mL (1 tsp) yellow mustard
- 5 mL (1 tsp) lemon juice
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 60 mL (¼ cup) green pepper, finely chopped
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) black pepper
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 whole grain tortillas
- In a medium bowl, using a fork, combine tuna, mayonnaise, mustard and lemon.
- Add celery, green pepper and black pepper to the tuna mixture and mix until well distributed.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on each tortilla.
- Scoop half of the tuna mixture onto each wrap and roll up.
- Spice up your tuna salad by adding 2.5 mL (½ tsp) of curry powder.
- No wraps? No problem. Use whole grain bread to make a sandwich or serve with whole grain crackers.
- Little chefs can make this recipe for their lunch by helping to mix the ingredients and scooping the tuna salad into the wraps.
- Pack your lunch box with this tuna salad wrap, plain lower fat yogurt topped with berries, and a leafy green salad.
- Canned tuna is a great item to keep in your pantry. This protein food has a long shelf life and can be used in a variety of different recipes.
Categories: 30 minutes or less, no-cook, kid-friendly
Learn about food safety
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: