Funding Opportunities - Climate Change and Health
Targeted Call for Proposals - Climate Change and Health Adaptation Capacity Building Contribution Program
Health Canada’s Climate Change and Health Adaptation Capacity Building Contribution Program (“the Program”) is pleased to invite eligible applicants to submit requests for funding to support adaptation capacity building at the provincial, territorial, regional and local levels.
Approximately $3 million is available until March 31, 2022 to support the health sector to prepare and adapt to the impacts of climate change. In order to protect the health of Canadians and support increasing climate resiliency of the health system, projects will be supported to assess climate change vulnerabilities, establish adaptation plans and evaluation strategies.
It is anticipated that about 10 projects could be funded for approximately $300,000 each, starting later this fiscal year in 2018-2019.
- Undertaking evidence-based provincial, territorial, regional and/or local climate change and health vulnerability and adaptation assessments;
- Developing locally relevant adaptation plans or specific adaptation actions; and,
- Creating a cycle of continuous improvement that considers protocols or plans for measuring effectiveness of adaptation actions.
- Provincial and territorial ministries of health; and,
- Established province-wide, regional and local health authorities and public health units.
Information and application process
This Call for Proposals is a two-step process. The first step is to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI). Applicants whose LOIs are successful will be invited to submit a full proposal.
Please email Climate Change and Health Adaptation to receive the funding application package which includes the LOI template, the Guidelines for Applicants, and Frequently Asked Questions.
Two webinars are scheduled on June 21, 2018 for eligible applicants only to provide more information about the program. A webinar in French will take place from 11:30-1:00 p.m. (ET) and one in English from 2:00-3:30 p.m. (ET). Please identify your language of choice when requesting the funding application package. Log-in information will be sent shortly thereafter.
Deadline for submitting LOIs
The deadline to submit completed LOIs via email is 11:59 p.m. (ET), Thursday, July 26, 2018.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: