This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
- The amount in Canadian dollars that an individual must remit for a good, a service or a right. Payment may be in other than Canadian dollars, but any amount charged must be based on the equivalent Canadian amount at the rate of exchange at the time of the transaction.
- The cash, negotiable instrument or proof of payment of an approved financial institution presented to pay for the fee.
- Proof of payment
- A receipt presented in lieu of direct payment to demonstrate that payment has been made. Proof of payment is only acceptable in lieu of payment where the process has been predetermined and the receipt that will be accepted as proof of payment has been clearly defined.
- Rate of Exchange
- The rate at which local or other than Canadian currency will be accepted by the mission.
- A “right” confers a special permission or privilege on an individual for which they must pay a specific sum of money. There are two categories of “rights” fees in the Department: the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) and the Right of Citizenship Fees (ROCF).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: