This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Officers conduct interviews with applicants to:
- ensure that information submitted on the application is truthful and complete;
- detect and deter fraud;
- clarify specific information;
- conduct quality control;
- give counselling;
- provide applicants with an opportunity to respond to concerns regarding elements of the application;
- assess knowledge and language proficiency;
- Note: Applicants should be informed of the reason for any changes in language prior to any testing being carried out.
- check health and security grounds;
- inform applicants about decisions.
- Date modified: