IRCC’s National Call for Proposals 2019
Eight hundred and twenty-four projects have been selected through IRCC’s National Call for Proposals 2019. A comprehensive set of settlement and resettlement assistance services will be offered to newcomers across the country to help them build a successful life in Canada. These projects include:
- From being the first point of contact …
- Projects involving needs and asset assessments or information and orientation, which help newcomers learn about their new home, identify their assets and integration goals, and connect them to more resources.
- … to supporting the Francophone Integration Pathway.
- Projects working toward consolidating a pathway for French-speaking newcomers that fosters their connection with Francophone minority communities and build awareness of the French settlement supports that are available.
- From supporting refugees arriving in Canada …
- Projects providing help to refugees resettled from overseas, including meeting them at the airport when they arrive, helping them find a permanent place to live, and offering them guidance and support as they adjust to their new life in Canada.
- … to helping newcomers learn our official languages.
- Projects offering more flexible learning options for language training, such as blended models that combine online and in-person services, and language training in the workplace. Funding is concentrated on basic language levels, ensuring that clients with the highest needs for language training will have the most access to services.
- From helping newcomers find meaningful work …
- Employment-related projects, many of which will focus on vulnerable clients, equipping newcomers with the skills and knowledge they need for the Canadian workplace. Funding projects with a focus on employer engagement, newcomers will be connected directly with private sector organizations and partners.
- … to making connections with their new community …
- Canada Connects projects provide vital social links for newcomers. New projects that connect newcomers and Francophone groups with Indigenous communities were identified throughout the country.
- … with supports in place to ensure newcomers are able to benefit.
- Projects providing support services for newcomers, such as translation, transportation and childcare.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: