Surveys of Work Permit Holders under the International Mobility Program (IMP)
Ottawa, May 10, 2023 – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is conducting two surveys of work permit holders under the International Mobility Program (IMP) – one for holders of open work permits and one for holders of employer-specific work permits.
About the surveys
The department would like to learn more about the views and experiences of work permit holders under the IMP on the work permit application process and their work in Canada. The surveys will help the department understand what is working well and how we can improve the IMP.
Participation in the surveys is voluntary and confidential. We only use the information from the surveys to help improve our programs and services. Participants’ answers won’t affect any past, current or future applications with IRCC.
The surveys will be administered online in May, 2023.
- They will take about 30 to 45 minutes to complete.
- There are two surveys:
- One for open work permit holders available in English, French, Simplified Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese and Korean; and
- One for employer-specific work permit holders available in English and French.
- The surveys will be sent to a sample of IMP work permit holders (at least 18 years of age or older) whose application was approved between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2022.
- If an individual has held multiple work permits under the IMP during this period, they will only receive one survey, based on their latest work permit during the 2018 to 2022 period.
More information about the invitation to participate in the surveys
Participants will receive an email invitation to take one of the surveys. It includes:
- a link to access the survey online that starts with:
- instructions on how to complete the survey
- an email address to contact us for any questions:
This email will not include an attachment.
- Date modified: