Online survey of newcomers to Canada on their resettlement, settlement and integration experiences
Ottawa, July 18, 2019 – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is conducting an online survey of newcomers to Canada, including permanent residents and new citizens, to help assess the effectiveness of services offered through the department’s Settlement Program and Resettlement Assistance Program.
About the survey
The survey will help IRCC understand which settlement and resettlement services are working well, and what needs improvement.
Participation in the survey is voluntary and confidential. We will only use the information from the survey to help improve our programs and services. Participants’ answers will not affect any past, current or future applications with IRCC.
The survey will be administered online in July, August and September 2019.
- It takes about 25 to 30 minutes to complete.
- It’s available in multiple languages: English, French, Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, Amharic, Armenian, Somali and Farsi.
- An invitation to take the survey is being sent by email to all immigrants to Canada who became permanent residents in the years 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2018, and who are now at least 18 years old.
More information about the invitation to participate in the survey
Participants will receive an invitation by email to take the online survey that includes the following:
- a link to access the survey online, either:
- instructions on how to complete the survey, and
- an email address to contact IRCC with any questions.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: