The Teachers’ Corner offers you resources to teach citizenship, immigration and multiculturalism subjects. Share them with your students and colleagues as part of a lesson or to make learning more fun!
Check back for more lesson plans in the future!
From our partner
These resources are provided by our partner Historica Canada.
Take a mock citizenship exam to test your knowledge of Canada! Individuals, classrooms and community groups can participate.
- an all-expenses-paid trip to Ottawa
- a citizenship celebration
- other great Canadian prizes!
Learn about key topics in Canadian civics such as
- how the Canadian government works
- the rights and responsibilities of Canadians
- creating positive change in society through active citizenship
Discover Canada’s history from Indigenous perspectives. This guide highlights that
- popular narratives of Canadian history are usually told from the perspective of European settlers
- Indigenous experiences are often excluded from telling Canada’s history
This guide is for
- newcomer students on the path to citizenship
- any student wishing to learn more about Canada in a history or social studies class
It covers topics in the Canadian citizenship test with more depth and context, which helps students to
- deepen their knowledge of Canada’s past and present
- gain a fuller understanding of the country
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: