The Teachers’ Corner offers you resources to teach citizenship, immigration and multiculturalism subjects. Share them with your students and colleagues as part of a lesson or to make learning more fun!
Check back for more lesson plans in the future!
From our partner
These resources are provided by our partner Historica Canada.
The Citizenship Challenge
Take a mock citizenship exam to test your knowledge of Canada! Individuals, classrooms and community groups can participate.
- an all-expenses-paid trip to Ottawa
- a citizenship celebration
- other great Canadian prizes!
Civics in the Classroom: Citizenship Challenge Elementary Education Guide
Learn about key topics in Canadian civics such as
- how the Canadian government works
- the rights and responsibilities of Canadians
- creating positive change in society through active citizenship
Indigenous Perspectives Education Guide
Discover Canada’s history from Indigenous perspectives. This guide highlights that
- popular narratives of Canadian history are usually told from the perspective of European settlers
- Indigenous experiences are often excluded from telling Canada’s history
Canada Past and Present: A Citizenship Education Guide
This guide is for
- newcomer students on the path to citizenship
- any student wishing to learn more about Canada in a history or social studies class
It covers topics in the Canadian citizenship test with more depth and context, which helps students to
- deepen their knowledge of Canada’s past and present
- gain a fuller understanding of the country
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: