Have your education assessed — Atlantic Immigration Pilot
An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one. You will need to get an ECA specifically for immigration purposes for your foreign degree, diploma or certificate if you are applying for the Atlantic Immigration Pilot.
You must submit an ECA for all levels of completed foreign education you want us to consider. It is up to you to decide which credentials to have assessed by a designated organization.
We will only accept the ECA for immigration purposes from one of the organizations we designate. The original ECA report must be issued on or after the date we designated the organization. If you got a report before that date, contact the organization to see if they will re-issue it. Your ECA must be less than five years old when you apply.
Designated organizations for ECAs
You can get your assessment from:
- Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies (Date designated: April 17, 2013)
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (Date designated: April 17, 2013)
- World Education Services (Date designated: April 17, 2013)
- International Qualifications Assessment Service
- IQAS will not offer ECA services between November 19, 2019 and May 19, 2020. During this time, please use one of the other organizations listed.
- IRCC continues to accept ECAs issued by IQAS
- International Credential Evaluation Service (Date designated: August 6, 2015)
Did you work as a doctor or a pharmacist?
Doctors: You must get your report from the Medical Council of Canada (Date designated: April 17, 2013) if you worked as:
- specialist physician (2011 NOC code 3111), or
- general practitioner/family physician (2011 NOC code 3112).
Pharmacists: You must get your report from the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (professional body for Pharmacists) (Date designated: January 6, 2014) if you worked as a pharmacist (NOC code 3131).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: