Immigrate through the Atlantic Immigration Pilot: get your documents ready

The Atlantic Immigration Pilot closed on December 31, 2021, and provincial endorsements are no longer being issued. If you have a valid provincial certificate of endorsement, you can still apply for permanent residence under the Atlantic Immigration Pilot until March 5, 2022.

The Atlantic Immigration Program has replaced the pilot. You can submit your permanent residence application to the new program starting March 6, 2022.

You should get these documents early to avoid delays when you apply for your permanent residence in Atlantic Canada.


You must take a language test and send the results with your application. You must do this even if you studied in Canada.

Learn about language testing for the Atlantic Immigration Pilot


If you studied outside Canada, you need an Educational Credential Assessment report. This shows how your education compares to a Canadian one. It’s easier to get this document while still in your home country.

Proof of funds

When you arrive in Canada, you need enough money to support yourself and your family. Find out how much money you should have when you arrive in Canada.

Other documents

There are other documents you must include in your application. Each program has an application guide with a checklist of all the documents and forms you must submit. Use the checklist to make sure you have all of the documents:

You can start filling in your application now but don’t submit it until you have all of the required documents.

Get a settlement plan

After you get a job offer from a designated employer, you need to get a settlement plan.

A settlement plan will help you and your family adjust to your new home in Atlantic Canada. It will provide you with useful resources and contacts to help you feel welcome in your new community.

These plans are free.

If you’re already in Canada, you must work with a settlement service provider organization in the region where you’ll be working. Your designated employer can help you find one.

If you’re outside Canada, there are several settlement service provider organizations in Canada you can contact. Check with your designated employer for recommendations.

Find a settlement service provider organization and get a settlement plan.

Settlement service provider organizations don’t know which employers are looking for workers. Don’t contact them to find a job.

Once you have your settlement plan, give a copy to your employer and keep a copy for yourself. If you’re not in Canada, bring the plan with you when you move to Canada.

Get your Certificate of Endorsement

After you have your settlement plan, the province must endorse your job offer. Your employer will handle this process. Don’t submit your permanent residence application until you confirm with the employer that your offer has been endorsed.

If the province endorses your job offer, you’ll get a Certificate of Endorsement in the mail. Include your endorsement certificate with your permanent residence application.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: