Ukraine immigration measures: Help bring family members to Canada
It’s important to keep families and loved ones together. If you have immediate family affected by the Russian invasion of Ukraine, you may be able to sponsor them to come to Canada permanently.
We’ll review all applications to see if they should be prioritized. You can apply normally; you don’t need to use a special process.
When reviewing your application, we’ll prioritize it if
- you’re a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person registered under the Indian Act
- the family member you’re sponsoring is
- a Ukrainian national outside Canada and
- common-law or conjugal partner
- dependent child (including adopted children)
Any new measures for sponsoring Ukrainian family members will be added to this page as they are put in place.
Who can sponsor
You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re at least 18 years old and a:
- Canadian citizen or
- person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or
- permanent resident of Canada
Please take a few moments to rate your experience with this page.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: