Canadians, permanent residents and their immediate family members in Lebanon

The situation in Lebanon is volatile and unpredictable due to recent and ongoing events in Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip.

Canadians, permanent residents and their spouse and dependent children should follow the travel advice for Lebanon and leave while commercial flights remain available.

Our focus is on helping Canadians and permanent residents get the documents they need to travel and keeping families together. We continue to monitor the situation in collaboration with our partners and will tailor our response to meet the unique needs of those who require our support.

Get your documents

If you or any members of your family do not have valid travel documents to travel to Canada, please complete the appropriate application as soon as possible.

We’re increasing our capacity in the region to process these applications as quickly as possible.

Canadian citizens

Canadian citizens require a Canadian passport to travel to Canada.

Prepare a passport application

Make sure you prepare the right documents, forms and photos before you apply for a passport.

Follow the steps to renew or apply for a new passport(opens in a new tab) 

Submit a passport application

Once your documents are ready, book an appointment to renew your passport or to apply for a new one in person at the Embassy of Canada in Beirut. Make sure you include your proof of payment and your passport photos with your application.

Book an appointment to submit your passport application

Permanent residents of Canada

Permanent residents require a permanent resident card to travel to Canada. If you do not have a valid permanent resident card, you need to apply for a permanent resident travel document.

Apply for a permanent resident travel document

Immediate family members of Canadian citizens or permanent residents

Any family members who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents will require a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada.

Find out if you need a visa to travel to Canada (opens in a new tab) .

If you need a visitor visa

You should apply online as soon as possible. You can continue to give your biometrics at the visa application centre in Beirut.

Apply for a visitor visa

If you need an eTA

You should apply as soon as possible.

Apply for an eTA

Sign up to receive important information

Canadians in Lebanon should sign up with the Registration of Canadians Abroad (ROCA) service to receive direct, important updates as the situation evolves. If you’ve already registered, you should review your information to ensure that it’s accurate and up to date.

Page details

Date modified: