Federal Internship for Newcomers Program: About the program
The Federal Internship for Newcomers (FIN) Program is now open for 2024–2025. We’re accepting applications from May 9 to 12, 2024. Register with your immigrant-serving organization by mid-April before you apply.
The Federal Internship for Newcomers (FIN) Program offers eligible newcomers a chance to gain valuable temporary work experience and training opportunities with Canadian federal, provincial and municipal organizations.
There are different opportunities every year. Employers offer internships in fields like
- project support and management
- policy and research
- computer science
- procurement and supply chain management
Through the FIN Program, candidates are hired as temporary employees and gain experience in
- understanding job application and hiring processes
- Canadian workplace culture
- networking with professionals
- attending training sessions
Each participant is matched with a public service mentor.
- Date modified: