Health-care workers permanent residence pathway: About the public policies

About the public policies

This application process offers refugee claimants the option to apply for permanent residence if they

You can apply if you meet the eligibility requirements and you’re

Learn more about the 2 public policies we used to create this pathway to permanent residence.

To create this process, we used

About the process

If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for permanent residence. Once we get your application, we’ll

If we confirm you’re eligible and that you have the work experience:

Apply separately to extend an expiring work or study permit

You must apply to extend an expiring work permit or study permit separately.

If you’re applying to renew your study or work permit at the same time as your application for permanent residence, don’t include the applications in the same envelope.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: