Forward Regulatory Plan
The Impact Assessment Agency of Canada's (the Agency) Forward Regulatory Plan for 2020-2022 is a publicly available list with descriptions of planned or anticipated regulatory changes (regulatory initiatives) that the Agency intends to propose or finalize within a two-year period. It may include regulatory initiatives that are planned to come forward over a longer time frame and that are indicated as long-term.
Some of the initiatives in this plan may be associated with the Agency's multi-year plan to review its existing regulations, Regulatory Stock Review Plan.
Forward Regulatory Plans are intended to help Canadians, including businesses, Indigenous peoples, and trading partners plan for:
- opportunities to provide their feedback during regulatory development; and
- future regulatory changes.
The Forward Regulatory Plan briefly describes each regulatory initiative and includes information such as:
- who may be affected by a regulatory initiative;
- regulatory cooperation efforts undertaken or planned;
- opportunities for public consultation;
- links to related information or analysis; and
- the Agency's contact information.
The Forward Regulatory Plan will be updated over time to reflect, for example:
- progress in regulatory development; and
- changes to the Agency's regulatory priorities or its operating environment.
Consult the Agency's Acts and Regulations web page for:
- a list of acts and regulations administered by the Agency; and
- further information on the Agency's implementation of government-wide regulatory management initiatives.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: