Minister Bains announces appointment of members to Standards Council of Canada
October 26, 2018 – Ottawa, Ontario
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, announced the appointment of eight experienced leaders from various industries and fields to the Standards Council of Canada’s (SCC) Governing Council:
- Mr. Michael Burns, P.Eng., retired
- Mr. Tom Bursey, FCPA, ICD.D, Vice-President, Corporate Services and Chief Financial Officer, Council of Canadian Academies
- Mr. Colin Clark, P.Eng., Chief Technical Officer, Brookfield Renewable (reappointment)
- Dr. François Coallier, PhD, Elec. Eng., professor, École de technologie supérieure
- Ms. Kathryn Coll, President and Managing Partner for HR Atlantic (reappointment)
- Ms. Zakiah A. Kassam, P.Eng., Principal, AirVironment Canada
- Ms. Glenda Reid, BN, MBA, retired
- Dr. Brent Schacter, physician, CancerCare Manitoba and professor, University of Manitoba
In addition, Mr. Clark has been designated as Vice-Chairperson.
The SCC’s 13-member Governing Council reviews, approves and advises the organization on its strategic direction and reports to Parliament through the Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development. Ten appointments to this governing body are made by the Governor in Council and are the result of an open, transparent and merit-based selection process.
“The work of the Standards Council of Canada is essential to enhancing Canada’s economic competitiveness and social well-being through standardization solutions. I am confident that all new and reappointed members of the SCC’s Governing Council will apply their combined years of experience to the benefit of this important organization.”
– The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development
The Standards Council of Canada is a federal Crown corporation that promotes efficient and effective standardization in Canada.
The SCC has a 13-member governing council and a staff of approximately 112.
The organization reports to Parliament through the Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and oversees Canada’s national standardization network.
The SCC also represents Canada’s interests on standards-related matters in foreign and international forums.
Follow Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada on Twitter: @ISED_CA
Office of the Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: