CNSC updates the regulatory document, REGDOC-3.1.1 on Reporting Requirements for Nuclear Power Plants
April 29, 2016
The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) has published REGDOC‑3.1.1, Reporting Requirements for Nuclear Power Plants, version 2.
Version 2 does not introduce any new requirements. It includes the following revisions:
- removal of the performance indicator data sheets from appendix B, available instead as e-forms on the CNSC’s website.
- references to the Packaging and Transport of Nuclear Substances Regulations, 2015
To review the document, visit the REGDOC-3.1.1 webpage.
REGDOC-3.1.1 sets out the timing and information that nuclear power plant licensees are required to report to the CNSC to support the conditions of applicable power reactor operating licences. This regulatory document presents the types of reports, their frequency and the applicable timeframe for reporting. This document also contains guidance, explanatory information, forms and templates to assist users in meeting reporting requirements.
- The CNSC requires licensees to report on certain situations and events, and to submit routine scheduled reports on various topics.
- REGDOC‑3.1.1, version 2 incorporates and explains the requirements for reporting that are found in the Nuclear Safety and Control Act and the regulations made under it. “Reporting” means scheduled reports, event reports, notifications and the submission of specific records.
- The CNSC welcomes feedback at any time on regulatory documents.
The CNSC regulates the use of nuclear energy and materials to protect the health, safety and security of Canadians and the environment; to implement Canada’s international commitments on the peaceful use of nuclear energy; and to disseminate objective scientific, technical and regulatory information to the public.
Media and Community Relations
Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: