PBC Outreach Program
Welcome to the Parole Board of Canada’s (PBC) Outreach Program page.
The purpose of the PBC’s Outreach Program is to raise awareness about its important public safety mandate as part of Canada’s criminal justice system. We achieve this by educating, engaging and connecting with the public, community-based groups and organizations, and our criminal justice partners.
PBC employees deliver a wide variety of outreach activities across Canada and internationally throughout the year that reach thousands of people.
Our outreach activities focus on the following topics:
- PBC’s mandate, programs and services
- Parole (what it is, eligibility, types of parole, PBC decision-making process, etc.)
- Victim participation in the parole process
- Record suspensions – purpose, eligibility criteria and how to apply
- Expungement – purpose, eligibility criteria and how to apply
- Clemency – purpose, eligibility criteria and how to apply
- Indigenous initiatives (i.e., Elder-Assisted Hearings, Community Assisted Hearings)
These are just some of the groups we reach out to through our outreach:
- Victim service agencies
- Ethno-cultural communities and organizations
- Indigenous communities and organizations
- Women’s organizations
- Offender advocacy groups
- Federal/provincial/territorial/municipal organizations
- Employment agencies
- Police Services
Interested in a PBC outreach session? Contact Us!
Send us an email at Outreach-Sensibilisation@PBC-CLCC.GC.CA and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please include the following information:
- Your name, title and contact information
- Name of your organization
- What topic(s) you want the outreach session to cover
- Your target date for the outreach session
- Estimated number of people that will attend
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: