Canadian Antarctic Research Workshop
Polar Knowledge Canada (POLAR) is pleased to announce that registration is now open for the Canadian Antarctic Research Workshop.
Date: October 3-4, 2016
Location: Canadian Museum of Nature, Ottawa, Ontario
The purpose of the workshop is to:
- Discuss key Antarctic research areas in which a Canadian or Canadian-based researcher can make a significant contribution; and,
- Explore opportunities to strengthen Canadian Antarctic research activities, including the development of a Canadian Antarctic Research Program.
Who should attend:
- Canadian and Canadian-based researchers who are actively conducting Antarctic research, or who may be interested in doing so in the future
- Policy makers and program managers covering topics that may benefit from a greater understanding of the Antarctic, polar linkages and/or global systems
- Other individuals who are interested in supporting and strengthening Canadian Antarctic research activities
How to register:
The deadline for registration is September 20, 2016. Please note that while this is an open workshop, we can accommodate up to 80 participants given the room capacity. We therefore encourage you to register early to guarantee a spot.
To register for the workshop, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, position title, affiliation, and a brief biography (maximum 200 words) that we can make available to all workshop participants. This biography should include your research or policy experience and interests if applicable, and any prior Antarctic research experience or involvement you may have and any key collaborative partners.
The workshop will be primarily in English, but Government of Canada material will be available in both English and French. Further details about the workshop including the agenda will be made available in the coming weeks.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: