Surveillance of cholera
Learn how cholera is monitored.
On this page
- How many cases are there of cholera in Canada?
- How many cases are there of cholera around the world?
- How does Canada monitor cholera?
- For more information
How many cases are there of cholera in Canada?
Cholera is an uncommonly diagnosed infection in Canada. Fewer than 40 cases were reported to the Notifiable Disease Surveillance System between 2007 and 2016.
How many cases are there of cholera around the world?
There are about 1.3 to 4 million cases of cholera each year worldwide.
How does Canada monitor cholera?
Cholera is a nationally notifiable disease in all provinces and territories.
Cases are reported to:
- provincial or territorial departments of health
- the federal government, if they meet the national case definition
Canada uses various surveillance systems to monitor cases of food-borne illness.
For more information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: