Unsupervised Internet Test of Second Language Writing Skills - Candidate information
- Set aside sufficient time to complete the test within the time limits;
- Take the test in a quiet, comfortable location;
- Manage your time well. In general, it is a good idea to solve easy questions first and difficult questions later. Questions are presented in order of difficulty. If you are stuck on a difficult question, mark that question for review and return to it once you have completed the other test questions;
- Answer all questions. If you are not sure of the correct answer, guess. There is no penalty for wrong answers;
- Read the whole question;
- Eliminate answers that you know are wrong. By reducing the number of choices, you increase your chance of selecting correct answers;
- Can you study for the test? Review the sample questions on the "Sample Questions";
- If you encounter technical difficulties, we can help;
- Copying or sharing the on-line test questions
All test content is copyrighted material of the Public Service Commission of Canada (PSC) and is designated Protected. It may not be copied, reproduced, translated, distributed or disseminated, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means for commercial or non-commercial purposes. Any unauthorized reproduction, recording and/or disclosure of test content is in contravention of the Government Security Policy and the use of such improperly obtained or transmitted information could be found to contravene the provisions of the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA).
Parties involved in the disclosure or improper use of Protected test content may be investigated under the PSEA, where a finding of fraud may be punishable on summary conviction, or may be referred to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
The PSC monitors the Web for inappropriate and/or fraudulent duplication, in whole or in part, of its assessment tools.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: