Canadians invited to fill out a survey on WHY they watch and listen to content the way they do
January 4, 2018 – Ottawa-Gatineau – Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
The CRTC today launched a survey to better understand why Canadians are consuming content in different ways. This survey is part of the CRTC’s consultation on the future of programming distribution in Canada.
This past December, the CRTC published a reference document to help guide the consultation. It includes information and data on how and where Canadians consume content. The survey will help the CRTC understand the reasons behind these choices, such as:
- Why do many Canadians still watch traditional TV and listen to traditional radio?
- Why do some Canadians watch and listen online only?
- How important is programming made in Canada to Canadians?
Canadians can participate by filling out the survey before January 31, 2018.
They can also submit their comments using the reference document or on any other issues related to this process before February 13, 2018 by:
- filling out the online form;
- writing to the Secretary General, CRTC, Ottawa, Ontario K1A ON2; or
- sending a fax to (819) 994-0218.
Report on future distribution models
This consultation arises from the Government’s request that the CRTC submit a report on future distribution models for Canadian programming, as well as its continued creation, production and distribution. The report is due by no later than June 1, 2018.
As directed by the Governor-in-Council, the CRTC is seeking comments on:
- What programming distribution model(s) are likely to exist in the future?
- How and through whom will Canadians access their programming?
- To what extent these models will ensure a vibrant domestic market?
Interested parties are also invited to submit studies or relevant research on these or related issues that could inform the CRTC.
- CRTC 2017-359-2 - Call for comments on the Governor in Council’s request for a report on future programming distribution models – Second phase of comments
- Reference document
- CRTC 2017-359 - Call for comments on the Governor in Council’s request for a report on future programming distribution models
- Order-in-Council P.C. 2017-1195
- Creative Canada Policy Framework
- Broadcasting Act
Toll-free: 1 (877) 249-CRTC (2782)
TTY: (819) 994-0423
Ask a question or make a complaint
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: