Canada Research Coordinating Committee releases 2019-20 progress report
The Canada Research Coordinating Committee (CRCC) is pleased to release its 2019-20 Progress Report: Mobilizing Canadian Research. The report highlights key actions taken by Canada’s federal research funding agencies and the Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) to advance shared priorities in 2019 to 2020, and build a strong, diverse and innovative research community for Canada.
Working together, the CRCC and the federal research funding agencies have introduced measures to:
- strengthen equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in research
- strengthen Indigenous self-determination, leadership and capacity in research and training
- support early career researchers (ECRs)
- increase engagement in interdisciplinary, international, high-risk, rapid-response research
- enhance interagency cooperation on international research
- support Canada’s research response to COVID-19
The report also includes data annexes that report on shared performance indicators for EDI and ECR initiatives at the federal research funding agencies and the CFI.
- Date modified: