Canada Research Coordinating Committee releases 2021-22 progress report
The Canada Research Coordinating Committee (CRCC) has released its 2021-22 progress report, Moving Forward. The report illustrates how Canada’s federal research funding organizations worked together to help sustain Canada’s research enterprise through the second year of the global pandemic, while continuing to build a strong, more equitable, connected and innovative research community. They advanced work on strategic priorities for Canadian research by:
- strengthening equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in research;
- strengthening Indigenous self-determination, leadership and capacity in research and training;
- supporting early career researchers (ECRs);
- increasing engagement in interdisciplinary, international, high-risk, rapid-response research;
- enhancing interagency cooperation on international research; and
- supporting Canada’s research response to COVID-19.
In addition, they initiated the development of a tri-agency training strategy to create a more equitable, accessible and effective suite of scholarships and fellowships for our next generation of research leaders.
The report’s annexes include data on shared performance indicators for EDI and ECR initiatives at the three federal research funding agencies and the Canada Foundation for Innovation.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: