Human Resources Assistant
ImportantDo not discuss your application with others (including on social media) besides your partner, or close family members - who should also be reminded about the need to be discreet.
|Job Category||Entry Level
|Who Can Apply||Canadian Citizens|
Burnaby, British Columbia
|Salary Range||$54,340 - $66,090
|Language Requirement||Bilingual Imperative (BBB/BBB) -Ottawa
English Essential (EE/EA)-Burnaby
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for:
- Monitoring the progress of recruitment processes and maintaining contact with applicants via email and telephone, to schedule interviews, other assessments and share/obtain information.
- Administering psychological/written tests.
- Preparing and/or formatting documents such as letters of offer, transmittal slips, staffing transaction reports, assessment material, result letters and other correspondence.
- Entering and updating the Human Resources Management System and SharePoint.
- Preparing requisitions for various internal services.
- Maintaining hardcopy/electronic files.
- Contributing to a variety of projects, including reviewing and updating procedures and sharing best practices with team members.
- Undergraduate degree and one (1) year of relevant experience; or
- College diploma and three (3) years of relevant experience
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada. If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
A higher level of education related to the position could be recognized as experience.
Relevant experience is defined as experience in human resources or administration (for example, in administrative support functions where planning, organizing and coordinating activities/actions are required).
- Education: Specialization in human resources, labour or industrial relations, psychology, public or business administration, organizational development, education sciences, social sciences or other field related to the position.
- Experience in Human Resources.
- HR certification recognized by the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources Canada or the Human Resources Professionals Association (Ontario).
- Organizational Skills/Multi-tasking
Conditions of Employment
A written test will be administered for the screening of candidates. The test will be used to assess the following competencies: Rigour and Written Communication Skills.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet each Education and Experience criteria. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the career opportunity.
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
CSIS is committed to diversity and inclusion and the equitable participation of all Canadians. Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.
The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: