ImportantDo not discuss your application with others (including on social media) besides your partner, or close family members - who should also be reminded about the need to be discreet.
|Job Category||Entry Level
|Who Can Apply||Canadian Citizens|
|Salary Range||$61,380 - $74,670
|Language Requirement||English essential
The Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) is seeking applications for a career in surveillance in the regional offices of the Service. Candidates must possess a high level of initiative, motivation and discretion, with the ability to work a flexible schedule. Candidates should be in good physical health and
be able to adapt quickly to a variety of settings and situations and manage a high level of stress.
Under the direction of a Team Leader, the Surveillance Officer is responsible for:
- Conducting discreet physical surveillance;
- Researching and analyzing information pertaining to surveillance;
- Drafting reports and detailing the information gathered during activities;
- Carry out several tasks simultaneously during surveillance activities.
College diploma (2 year program)
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience driving motor vehicles.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in a team environment.
- A valid and permanent Canadian driver's license.
- Please note that the validity of your driver's license must be maintained throughout employment in this position. A copy of your driver's abstract for the last three (3) years will be required
- Permanent Canadian driver’s license is defined as a G Class (Ontario) or minimum of a Class 5 (remainder of Canada). G1, G2, Class 7, Class 6 and Learner’s Permit will not be accepted.
- Technical tests will be administered for screening purposes.
- Ability to learn
- Stress Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills (oral and written)
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires shift work. Furthermore, work hours can be unpredictable and can result in personal / family sacrifices.
- To attain permanent (indeterminate) status, candidates must successfully complete the Surveillance Officer Training Course (SOTC). Temporary relocation of candidates is required for training purposes.
- Surveillance Officers are subject to a two (2) year probationary period.
- English essential
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet each Education and Experience criteria. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the career opportunity.
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
CSIS is committed to diversity and inclusion and the equitable participation of all Canadians. Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.
The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: