Grocery shopping tips
Grocery shopping and food safety
- Examine fruit and vegetables carefully and avoid choosing the bruised or damaged ones.
- Keep your raw meat, poultry, fish and seafood away from other food in your grocery cart.
- Buy cold or frozen food at the end of your shopping trip.
- Always check the “best before” date.
- Label a reusable grocery bag or bin for meat, poultry and seafood.
- Refrigerate or freeze perishable foods within 2 hours (one hour for hot summer days).
Get more food safety tips.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: