Accessibility, Accommodation and Adaptive Computer Technology (AAACT)
Since 1991, the AAACT Program has been a driving force in the fields of accessibility, accommodations, and adaptive computer technology.
Our mandate is to support employees with disabilities, injuries and ergonomic requirements in their workplace. We provide access to systems, programs, information, computers, and computer resources.
We provide assistance to employees in the following areas:
Helping people with and without disabilities understand, navigate, and interact with information, services, and applications. With the adoption of accessibility standards, guidelines, and best practices, we ensure that essential barriers are eliminated or reduced prior to their accommodations.
Accommodating employee needs by making sure necessary steps are taken to allow employees to work to the best of their ability.
Adaptive Computer Technology (ACT)
Providing solutions to assist those with sensory, mobility, dexterity and learning disabilities who work on computers. Offering adaptive computer technology in the workplace reduces barriers presented by the standard computer interface.
Services we offer
Beyond the fields of research, testing, and solution development, Client Services also covers several specific areas of expertise, such as:
- Assessing needs, including;
- Workflow requirements
- Trials and training on hardware and software modifications that help identify the right match for employees
- Assessing the compatibility of technology hardware and software
- Integrating ACT tools within a technical environment
- Supporting ACT and technical services for End Users and ACT Technicians
- Converting documents into multiple formats (DAISY, Braille, audio, etc.)
This is an informal starting point for employees, managers, and management to learn about accessibility, job accommodation, and adaptive computer technology.
With the “no wrong door” approach, these info sessions explore technology and technology related topics prior to an assessment or evaluation.
This component of the AAACT Program conducts testing and evaluation on products and applications to ensure they meet accessibility standards. These tests also extend to websites and web content.
The AAACT Program offers the following training sessions:
- Hands-on training programs on supporting ACT for technicians
- Accessibility Boot Camp for webmasters and application developers
- Customised accessible training courses for persons with disabilities, injuries, and ergonomic requirements
- Awareness training and equipment demonstration
Have an accessibility, accommodation, or ACT related question? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Telephone: (819) 994-4835
TTY: (819) 994-3692
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: