Fairness, transparency and value for money are achievable without being overly prescriptive or limiting collaboration with industry.
Such an outcomes-based procurement can be achieved within the scope of existing procurement guidelines and procedures.
An increased focus on outcomes-based procurement can provide opportunities for large firms to partner with innovative small and medium-sized enterprises (SME). We encourage highly skilled, experienced firms and Canadian SMEs to develop business and relationship models that support innovation.
On this page:
We use the following guiding principles for procurement:
- Fairness, transparency, inclusiveness and integrity make up the foundation of our values system.
- Market-based competition is the best vehicle for delivering the most efficient, effective and highest value solutions.
- The current federal government policy framework governs our practices. (see Treasury Board Policies, Directives, Standards and Guidelines.)
- Portfolio and individual project risk is managed at all times.
- Leading-edge innovation is an important determining factor in assessing alternative solutions.
For information on the procurement process at SSC, please contact the Procurement and Vendor Relationships Branch at SSC.pvrprocurement-arfapprovisionnement.SPC@canada.ca.
Standing Offer and Supply Arrangement Authority
SSC is the Standing Offer and Supply Arrangement Authority for the following:
- Physical Infrastructure Supply Arrangement – PISA (data centre servers and storage)
- Microcomputer Standing Offer
- Videoconferencing Standing Offer
- Document Scanners Standing Offer
- Imaging Hardware Standing Offer
- Toner Standing Offer
- Networking Equipment Services
- Vehicle Mounted Mobile Work Station Standing Offer
Delegation of Shared Services Canada Procurement Authorities
For vendors, it is business as usual with Shared Services Canada (SSC). SSC remains responsible for setting up IT contracts, standing offers and supply arrangements for the Government of Canada, and will continue to ensure only trusted equipment and software are used on Government of Canada systems.
Beginning in October 2017, vendors on SSC’s Printing, Scanning and Toner National Master Standing Offers and selected items on the SSC’s Microcomputer National Master Standing Offer can expect to receive call-ups for selected products from Government of Canada departments aside from SSC.
As of July 2016, SSC procurements are being initiated using the Procure-to-Pay (P2P) Portal
What is the P2P Portal?
The P2P Portal is a new system that electronically manages the procurement to payment processes. It is used to submit bids and invoices, and provides enhanced visibility into procurement activities within SSC. The Portal is part of SSC’s effort to transform business by streamlining the way we procure, pay and interact with suppliers. This innovative electronic procurement and payment system enables SSC to modernize business practices, to expedite processing and payment with suppliers, and to improve the end-to-end service delivery experience for its customers.
SSC will continue to post procurement opportunities on Buy and Sell. To bid on procurement opportunities within SSC, suppliers will be directed from Buy and Sell to the SSC P2P system.
Suppliers: What you need to do
Register for access to the P2P Portal by clicking “New Supplier? Register Now” on the home page of the Shared Services Canada: Procure to Pay Portal.
- Existing contracts with SSC
If you have existing contracts with SSC, follow the current process for invoice submission.
- New SSC solicitations
To submit bids and invoices related to new SSC solicitations, you must register with the P2P Portal.
- Existing procurement vehicles
Registering for P2P does not affect your use of existing procurement vehicles, such as ProServices, Temporary Help Services, Task and Solutions Professional Services, or Task-Based Informatics Professional Services, nor does it require you to provide additional information related to these vehicles.
Supplier training is provided online through the P2P Portal (‘how-to’ documents and instructional videos), plus weekly interactive WebEx sessions that run from June to November 2016. The WebEx sessions feature P2P Portal training demonstrations, followed by a question-and-answer period.
If you missed the formal WebEx training sessions, recordings can be accessed via the P2P Supplier Portal training tree. SSC is also offering P2P tutoring/coaching sessions. To request a coaching session for your firm, contact the P2P Service Desk.
SSC will provide support as you learn and use the P2P Portal. To obtain support, contact the P2P Service Desk.
- Competitive Acquisition Process Strategic Advisory Services – Sourcing and Benchmarking – Fairness Monitoring Final Report - January 2014
- Fairness Monitoring Service Final Report - Email Transformation Initiative - June 2013
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: