Excellence in Service Delivery
Delivering more effective and efficient information technology services to Government of Canada departments and agencies
Shared Services Canada (SSC) is delivering the Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure Plan for government-wide IT systems in a deliberate and focused way, with an emphasis on service excellence, on reducing government-wide costs and on modernizing infrastructure.
Today, SSC is concentrating on implementation of the transformation initiatives and on bringing greater coherence and discipline to the management of the Government of Canada’s IT infrastructure.
Through the consolidation of goods and services contracts, leveraging better pricing and reducing duplication, SSC is already able to return $209 million annually in overall IT savings to the fiscal framework, thereby contributing to the overall financial management of taxpayer dollars.
SSC is also bringing centralized services support to government organizations, applying industry standards for service delivery and enabling more effective, efficient and cost-effective practices. For example:
- SSC has put in place a comprehensive Service Management Strategy for the delivery and serving of IT infrastructure running government systems;
- Launched a Customer Satisfaction Feedback Initiative to identify areas where service delivery needs to be improved and also where departments and agencies are seeing value in the IT services that SSC provides;
- Established a one-stop on-line IT Service Catalogue for government departments and agencies to obtain information about, and to order, enterprise services such as email, mobile technology and workplace technology devices, thereby enabling those organizations to better deliver programs and services to Canadians;
- Set in place Service Level Expectations for priority IT services such as email, mobile devices and videoconferencing. These standards will ensure that maintenance, replacement, upgrades to IT infrastructure is carried out on-time and on-budget so that departments can continue the delivery of programs and services to Canadians;
- SSC is also adopting a new electronic system to electronically manage procurement-to-payment processes, including an innovative supplier self-service portal that will help to streamline the delivery of enterprise IT services.
SSC’s delivery of more modern reliable and secure IT infrastructure is a key feature of the Government of Canada’s Blueprint 2020, a government-wide initiative that envisions a high-performing public service that embraces world-class standards of excellence in service and innovation.
For further information:
Shared Services Canada
Free PDF download
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: