How Shared Services Canada supports the 2018 G7 Summit
Shared Services Canada is proud to provide the Information Technology (IT) infrastructure needed for a successful 2018 G7 Summit.
Shared Services Canada (SSC) will provide secure and reliable IT infrastructure to support the Government of Canada as it hosts the 2018 G7 Summit in La Malbaie, Québec. Throughout the year, SSC will also provide the IT infrastructure and support for the parallel events preceding and following the Summit such as ministerial meetings.
In support of the Summit, SSC is making key investments in the telecommunications infrastructure of the Charlevoix Region. This infrastructure will remain in the community after the G7 Summit. These investments include new cellular towers and upgrades to existing towers. Improvements to the local telephone company’s core services will increase their capacity and provide permanent benefits to Charlevoix’s general population and businesses.
Residents and businesses in Charlevoix will have access to improved cell phone service as well as faster data networks.
SSC is responsible for:
- Office telecommunications set-up at all locations, including voice, data and videoconferencing
- Radio network deployment for security forces and Global Affairs Canada operations
- Cellular capacity upgrades at all Summit locations and along transportation corridors
- Provision of voice and data services at all venues, including upgrades through local telecommunications companies
- Provision of broadcast circuits for media
- Provision of voice and data circuits for delegations and international media
SSC is working with multiple customers to meet their IT needs and ensure the G7 Summit site is operational for June 8, 2018. SSC’s main partners include:
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- Department of National Defence (DND)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: