Canadian Transportation Agency
The Canadian Transportation Agency is an independent, quasi-judicial tribunal and economic regulator. It makes decisions and determinations on a wide range of matters involving air, rail and marine modes of transportation under the authority of Parliament, as set out in the Canada Transportation Act and other legislation.
We are a federal institution that is part of the Transport and Infrastructure portfolio.
We are in the process of moving our services and information to Canada.ca.
Our current Canadian Transportation Agency website will remain available until the move to Canada.ca is complete.
Our services and information
Find a decision, see current cases, check the status of your case, or see appeals of Agency decisions.
Find information about the economic regulation of air, rail, and marine transportation. See transportation service providers' responsibilities for making transportation accessible.
Do you have a dispute related to the federal transportation network? We may be able to help.
Find information and resources to help you plan your travel.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Canada Transportation Act
- Air Transportation Regulations
- Canadian Transportation Agency General Rules (SOR/2005-35)
- Canadian Transportation Agency Rules (Dispute Proceedings and Certain Rules Applicable to All Proceedings) (SOR/2014-104)
- Annual Report 2013-2014
- Strategic Plan 2014-2017
- Quaterly Financial Report for the quarter ended December 31, 2014
- Interline Baggage Rules for Canada: Interpretation Note
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: