Careers in finance and internal audit within Canada's federal public service
Financial analyst positions under the Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
Do you want to:
- complement your academic program with enriching practical experience?
- develop your employability skills?
- evaluate your career options with the federal public service?
You may also qualify for the Financial Officer Recruitment and Development (FORD) Program once you have completed your studies, which recruits entry-level financial officers and provides training and development at the beginning of their careers.
Recruitment and development programs
The Government of Canada’s Financial Officer Recruitment and Development (FORD) Program and its Internal Audit Recruitment and Development (IARD) Program are for top graduates who are:
- eligible for full-time entry-level positions at a wide range of departments and agencies throughout the federal government
- interested in a challenging and rewarding career as financial analysts or internal auditors
The FORD Program is for candidates who are committed to obtaining a professional accounting designation.
The IARD Program is for candidates who are committed to obtaining their Certified Internal Auditor designation.
No matter which path you take, you can pursue a rewarding career in the federal public service that suits your interests and goals, and that makes a difference to Canadians.
In addition to coaching, mentoring and professional development courses, there are many benefits to each program:
Successfully completing either the FORD or IARD Program can set you on a path to an exciting variety of opportunities and benefits in Canada’s public service.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: