Internal Audit Recruitment and Development (IARD) Program
There will be no IARD Campaign until further notice. Please check back with us for updates later in 2022..
Overview of Program
IARD is a national program led by the Office of the Comptroller General of Canada to recruit top quality candidates into entry-level internal audit positions, primarily in the National Capital Region, on behalf of federal government departments.
Internal auditors work in dynamic teams on a variety of subjects to provide strategic and independent advice related to an organization's most critical business processes. Since Internal Audit is an independent function reporting directly to the head of the organization, you will have the opportunity to work closely with senior management.
As an IARD participant, you will work in a forward thinking and transformative environment that thrives on and embraces innovation. You will be part of a professional team and hone your skills in a variety of areas, such as:
- risk management
- internal controls
- data analytics
- policy development
- strategic planning
- project management
You will receive valuable on-the-job and formal training tailored to meet departmental needs and your professional goals.
What you need to know
Benefits of the IARD Program and Future Opportunities
The IARD Program offers:
- Up to 36 months of training and job experience
- A development plan designed to help you succeed
- Access to mentoring and networking opportunities
- Support towards obtaining your Certified Internal Auditor certification (including paid study leave and reimbursement of tuition fees)
- The best place to learn about an organization's business and to be exposed to senior management
- Opportunity for promotion within the program
A career in the federal government means:
- Flexible hours and work-life balance
- First-rate benefits and pension plans
- Unparalleled variety of positions and departments to grow into
- Ongoing learning and professional development opportunities, including language training
- An inclusive and diverse work environment
Eligibility requirements of the IARD Program
Applicants must have a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in order to apply.
For degrees obtained outside Canada, proof of Canadian equivalency must be provided before your interview. Visit the website of the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials for more information.
IARD participants are also required to work towards obtaining a Certified Internal Audit (CIA) certification.
If you have any questions about the IARD Program please contact us.
- Date modified: