Administrative Burden Baseline
The Administrative Burden Baseline (ABB) initiative requires departments to establish a baseline count of federal requirements in regulations and related forms that impose administrative burden on businesses.
Federal government departments and agencies have made their individual ABB counts publicly available on the Acts and Regulations pages of their websites. A list of Government-wide Administrative Burden Baseline counts is also available.
The ABB count contributes to openness and transparency in reporting on regulatory administrative burden.
Implementation guidance on Counting Administrative Burden Regulatory Requirements, as well as other guidelines and tools are available to help departments and agencies implement this regulatory reform initiative.
For more information
- Government-wide Administrative Burden Baseline counts
- Government-wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- Federal regulatory management
- The Canada–United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: