Procurement Reporting for Calendar Year 2012 (to be reported in 2013)
Contracting Policy Notice: 2013-2
File No: 7010-003
Date: April 12, 2013
To: Functional Heads, Finance and Administration of all Departments and Agencies
Subject: Procurement Reporting for Calendar Year 2012 (to be reported in 2013)
Each year, organizations are asked to provide PWGSC with data on their contracting activities. PWGSC supplies the data to TBS, along with PWGSC data on the contracting that it undertakes on behalf of organizations.
This data is used to meet a number of the government’s reporting obligations, including those required under various international and domestic trade agreements. In addition, it is used as the basis for statistics that are published by TBS on the Internet, the annual TBS Purchasing Activity Report (PAR).
The entities that must report are contracting authorities as defined in the Government Contracts Regulations.
Authorization and Deadline
Please note that all organizations are responsible for the accuracy and comprehensiveness of their contracting data as this data will be publicly posted. The PAR promotes transparency in federal government contracting, and is a key source of information of interest to a broad audience, including federal organizations, oversight bodies, Canadian citizens, media, and other governments.
When sending data to PWGSC, the electronic transmittal document must indicate the name and position of the individual (Director General level or higher) who has reviewed, validated and approved the data for release on behalf of the organization. Otherwise, the data will be returned to the originator.
Organizations are required to submit their data to PWGSC no later than May 31, 2013.
Reporting for 2012
As directed in Contracting Policy Notice 2012-1, organizations are now required to report all contracts, regardless of dollar value, and to include the four additional data fields (document number, standing offer number, document type and vendor name) on all contracts.
Please note that the added fields were optional for 2011 data but are mandatory for 2012 data. All required data fields are outlined in the Annex of this document.
Organizations are to report all contracting done under their authority. PWGSC Acquisitions Branch will include all contracting undertaken by them on behalf of organizations.
Do not report acquisition card transactions. This information will be obtained from sources within the Treasury Board Secretariat.
For Standing Offers, either put in place by organizations themselves or by PWGSC, organizations are requested to report individual call-ups rather than entire standing offer agreements.
Please send electronic data by e-mail to email@example.com and copy (cc:) firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can mail your electronic files on diskette to: PWGSC, 11 Laurier Street, Phase III Floor 14A2, Gatineau, Québec K1A 0S5, Attention: Gérard Degrève.
The Spend Reporting and Market Access Directorate within PWGSC is seeking departmental views on the feasibility of collecting contracting data on a quarterly basis, as opposed to annually, in the future.
We ask departments to share their views on this by e-mailing Gerard.Degreve@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca and with a copy (cc:) to email@example.com by May 31, 2013.
For procurement data reporting enquires, please contact Gérard Degrève (PWGSC) at 819-956-6500.
For information on all other matters, please contact Christiaan Shanahan at the Treasury Board Secretariat at 613-941-7182.
Please note all enquiries regarding the published data will be referred to officials in the appropriate organization.
Assistant Comptroller General
Acquired Services and Assets Sector
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
Distribution: TB06, TB07, TB21, T22, TB23, T23, T24, T161
Any incomplete or inaccurate data submitted will be returned to the organization to correct.
Organizations must provide the following 16 data elements and coding listed under each required element as part of their reports:
- Award Date
- Agreement Type
- Y : WTO/NAFTA/AIT
- Z : WTO/NAFTA
- X : WTO/AIT
- C : NAFTA/AIT
- W : WTO
- N : NAFTA
- I : AIT
- A : ABSA
- R : LCSA
- Commodity Type
- G – Goods
- S – Services
- C – Construction
- Commodity Code - (4 digit GSIN code)
- Goods = 4 numeric
- Services = 1 alpha plus 3 numeric OR 2 alpha plus 2 numeric
- Construction = "51" plus 1 or 2 numeric)
- Country of Origin (organization must use the ISO Alpha-3 code)
- Solicitation Procedure
- AC – (ACAN)
- OB – (Open Bidding)
- TC – (Traditional Competitive)
- TN – (Traditional Non-Competitive)
- Limited Tendering Reason
- 05 - No response to bid solicitation
- 20 - Goods Purchased on a Commodity Market
- 21 - Purchases Made Under Exceptionally Advantageous Conditions
- 22 - Winner of an Architectural Design Contest
- 71 - Exclusive Rights
- 72 - Prototype Purchase
- 74 - Interchangeable Parts
- 81 - Extreme Urgency
- 23 - Consulting Services Regarding Matters of a Confidential Nature
- 24 - Additional Construction Services
- 25 - New Construction Services
- 86 - Prices and/or Sources Fixed by Government Regulations
- 90 - Protection of Human, Animal, or Plant Life or Health
- 87 - Government Objectives Representing Best Interests/Value
- 85 - Low Dollar-value
- 00 - None
- 01 - Shipbuilding and repair
- 02 - Urban rail and urban transportation equipment systems, components and materials
- 03 - Contracts respecting FSC 58 (communications, detection and coherent radiation equipment)
- 04 - Set-asides for small and minority businesses
- 05 - Agricultural products made in furtherance of agricultural support programs or human feeding programs
- 06 - The Depts of Transport, Communications and Fisheries & Oceans respecting FSC 70, 74, 36
- 07 - National security exemptions incl. oil purchases relating to any strategic reserve requirements
- 08 - National security exceptions include procurements made in support of safeguarding nuclear materials or technology
- 09 - Under exception circumstances exclude a procurement from the application of AIT, Chapter 5 for regional and economical development purposes
- Canadian Value
- Set-aside Program for Aboriginal Business (SPAB) Incidental Indicator
- Intellectual Property Indicator
- A1: Crown owned - exception 6.1
- A2: Crown owned - exception 6.2
- A3: Crown owned - exception 6.3
- A41: Crown owned - exception 6.4.1
- A42: Crown owned - exception 6.4.2
- A43: Crown owned - exception 6.4.3
- A65: Crown owned - exception 6.5
- A8: Crown owned - exception 8
- B: Contractor Owned
- C: No IP Terms in Contract
- D: Organization Not Subject to IP Policy
- Document Number (Contract, Call-up)
- Standing Offer Number
- Document Type (for example, 942: Standing Offer Call-up, Contract, Amendment etc.)
- Vendor Name
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: