2017-2018 Departmental Sustainable Development Strategy
1. Context for the Departmental Sustainable Development Strategy
- sets out the Government of Canada’s sustainable development priorities
- establishes goals and targets
- identifies actions to achieve them, as required by the Federal Sustainable Development Act
In keeping with the objectives of the Act to make environmental decision-making more transparent and accountable to Parliament, the Administrative Tribunals Support Service of Canada (ATSSC) supports reporting on the implementation of the FSDS and its Departmental Sustainable Development Strategy through the activities described in this supplementary information table.
2. Sustainable Development in the ATSSC
The ATSSC’s Departmental Sustainable Development Strategy describes the department’s actions in support of achieving a low-carbon government. This supplementary information table presents available results for the departmental actions pertinent to this goal. Last year’s supplementary information table is posted on the ATSSC’s website.
3. Departmental performance by FSDS goal
The following table provides performance information on departmental actions in support of the FSDS goal listed in section 2.
|FSDS target||FSDS contributing action||Corresponding departmental actions||Support for UN Sustainable Development Goal target*||Starting points, targets and performance indicators for departmental actions||Results achieved†|
|Reduce greenhouse gas emissions from federal government buildings and fleets by 40% below 2005 levels by 2030, with an aspiration to achieve it by 2025||Support the transition to a low-carbon economy through green procurement||
* This new element shows how departments are contributing to achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and targets.
† This column is new.
4. Report on integrating sustainable development
During the 2017–18 reporting cycle, the ATSSC had no proposals that required a Strategic Environmental Assessment and no public statements were produced.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: