Building a stronger economy – together
The mission of the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) is to fuel economic development in Atlantic Canada. We work to build a strong, resilient economy that is innovative, diverse and inclusive.
Frontier Power Systems, Charlottetown, P.E.I.
The 2023 Atlantic Canada Momentum Index, published by the Public Policy Forum, shows that the wind is truly in the Atlantic region’s sails. Across a raft of indicators, from population and immigration to productivity and quality of life, Atlantic Canada is showing it’s a national leader and not the “have-not” region of old.
ACOA’s President, Catherine Blewett, spoke to the Public Policy Forum and industry leaders about this new momentum, and the new opportunities to be seized. Read her speech and access the Momentum Index here.
ACOA works with businesses, organizations and communities to strengthen the Atlantic economy through:
- Economic development – We help businesses get started, modernize and grow. We do this by providing financial assistance to businesses and to business support organizations. We also encourage businesses to adopt new technology, find different ways to expand, and reach new markets.
- Community development – We work with communities to improve community infrastructure and create the right conditions for economic growth, prosperity and increased wealth. We build on regional strengths that make Atlantic Canada a great place to do business.
- Policy, advocacy and coordination – We represent the region’s interests at the national level and work with other departments to ensure coordination of policies and programs.
Our efforts are guided by four strategic lenses:
- improving the quality of jobs
- helping businesses increase their productivity and use digitization to be more competitive
- breaking down barriers to employment and entrepreneurship for people in under-represented groups and supporting them in achieving their goals and ambitions
- using the power of new technologies to fuel growth and green the economy
How do we measure success?
We work to make sure that:
- businesses are innovative and growing
- businesses invest in developing new technologies and bringing them to market
- communities are economically diversified
Looking to the future
In the business world, things change all the time. However, our dedication to building a strong Atlantic economy stays the same. ACOA continues to adapt and evolve to meet the needs of the region. Whether it be when facing new challenges or creating innovative solutions, we’ll be right there with you!
ACOA is committed to providing you with excellent service that meets your needs. You can learn more about what to expect from us by reading our service standards.
Do you want to know more about projects funded by ACOA? Search our project listings. You can also access ACOA’s latest news by visiting our media room or following us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Values and ethics
Work at ACOA
Find out more about the people who work at ACOA and how you could be part of the team.
Contact us today!
Do you want to know more about what we do to help the Atlantic Canadian economy grow? Reach out to ACOA Business Information Services.
Or contact us by email:
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm (Atlantic time)
Still have questions? Like and follow us to see ACOA’s support in action.
- Date modified: