Government of Canada supports tourism development in Eastern PEI
May 6, 2021 · Cardigan, Prince Edward Island · Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
Today, the Honourable Lawrence MacAulay, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Member of Parliament for Cardigan, and the Honourable Matthew MacKay, PEI Minister of Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture, today announced a combined investment of $743,079 for seven projects to help grow the tourism sector.
Minister MacAulay announced the funding on behalf of the Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages.
- Island East Tourism Group Inc. has received a $78,950 non-repayable Business Development Program (BDP) contribution to support digital marketing, product development and industry training. The Province of PEI provided $68,500 from the Department of Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture's Regional Product Development Fund to support digital marketing, product development and industry training. The organization is also receiving a $23,000 non-repayable Regional Economic Growth through Innovation (REGI) program contribution to support a video series to showcase tourism experiences in Eastern PEI. The Province of PEI is providing $10,000 from the Department of Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture's Destination Canada Fund.
- Prince Edward Island Fibre Festival Inc. is receiving a $20,000 non-repayable BDP contribution to support a three-day festival of educational and interactive experiences promoting Atlantic fibre products and a bilingual website. The Province of PEI is providing $33,750 through the Department of Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture’s Innovation Fund.
- Point Prim Lighthouse Society Inc. is receiving an $89,735 non-repayable contribution from ACOA’s Innovative Communities Fund (ICF) to carry out its diligent management and long term protection practices. The Province of PEI is also contributing $89,735 from the Department of Fisheries and Communities.
- Big Field Traditions Inc. is receiving a non-repayable $14,000 ICF contribution to develop a plan for the Rollo Bay Fiddle Festival and Grounds. This includes community consultations, research and site development recommendations. The Province of PEI will invest $3,600 from the Department of Fisheries and Communities.
- Montague Waterfront Development Corporation is receiving a $44,659 non-repayable ICF contribution to upgrade the Montague and Brudenell Marinas as well as the Montague waterfront to improve safety and visitor experiences. The Province of PEI is contributing $20,000 from the Department of Fisheries and Communities.
- Nature Space Eco Resort Inc. is receiving a $247,750 repayable REGI contribution to develop an eco-tourism resort with experiential nature and kayak tours, culinary experiences, glamping accommodations as well as yoga and wellness activities.
- News release: Eastern PEI strengthens tourism industry with new marketing initiatives and experiences
Office of the Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages
Jana Parker Smith
Communications Manager, Prince Edward Island
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
Department of Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture
Senior Communications Officer
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: