The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) represents Atlantic Canada at the federal level where we coordinates efforts in matters relating to regional economic development. In this role, we conduct policy research on issues related to the region's economy.
ACOA also funds third-party policy research under the Atlantic Policy Research Initiative. These studies are independent and do not necessarily reflect the views of ACOA or the federal government.
Some of the documents available on this site are in Adobe Acrobat format. To read Adobe Acrobat files, you will need to download and install the free Adobe Reader available from Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- Atlantic Canada Regional COVID-19 Vulnerability Report – Atlantic Provinces Economic Council; 2021
- Assessing the Potential for Local Procurement as an Economic Engine: An Analysis of Public Sector Institutional Spending in Atlantic Canada – Centre for Local Prosperity; 2021
- The Atlantic Canada Energy Data Roadmap - Quality Urban Energy Systems of Tomorrow; 2018
- GEM Atlantic Canada Report 2019 – The Centre for Innovation Studies; 2020
- Women Business Owners in Atlantic Canada: A Comparative Analysis, 2012-2019 - Mount Saint Vincent University, Centre for Women in Business; 2019
- Atlantic Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: Vibrant and Globally Aspiring - Saint Mary's University Sobey School of Business; 2018
Immigration and labour force
- Employer Attitudes Towards Hiring Newcomers and International Students in the Atlantic Provinces – The Harris Centre, Memorial University of Newfoundland; 2021
- Immigration & Atlantic Revitalization – Public Policy Forum; 2020
- An Exploration of Skills and Labour Shortages in Atlantic Canada by the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, June 2019.
- Unlocking Atlantic Canada's Growth Potential: Removing Barriers to Investment in Innovation and Advanced Manufacturing Technologies - Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters (CME); 2019
- Digital Technology Firms: Their Importance and Role in Atlantic Canada's Economy - Atlantic Provinces Economic Council; for TechImpact (The New Brunswick Information Technology Council Ltd.); 2019
- Growing Atlantic Canada's Clean Technology Firms - Atlantic Provinces Economic Council; 2018
- Pursuing Clean Growth in Atlantic Canada: Progress, Challenges and Policy Priorities, July 2018 - Atlantic Provinces Economic Council (APEC); 2018
International business development
- Taking on the World - Atlantic Canada's Role in Global Value Chains prepared by the Atlantic Provinces Economic Council
- The Asia Factor in Atlantic Canada: Opportunities and Challenges in the Ocean Technology Sector - Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada; Institute for Ocean Research Enterprise, 2016
- The Asia Factor in Atlantic Canada's Clean Technology Sector: Opportunities and Challenges - Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada; Céline Bak, 2016
- The Asia Factor in Atlantic Canada's Value-Added Food Sector: Opportunities and Challenges - Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada; Steven Russel, 2016
- Atlantic Canada Business in Asia Consultation - The Asia Factor - Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada, 2016
Public opinion research
The Government of Canada conducts Public opinion research to better understand Canadian society and to identify citizen needs and expectations. The research helps assess the public's response to proposals and initiatives; to assess the effectiveness of federal policies, programs and services; to measure client satisfaction; and to evaluate the effectiveness of its communications with Canadians.ACOA’s Public Opinion Research reports can be accessed through Library and Archives Canada.
Contact us today!
If you're looking for other market research, ACOA Business Information Services can help you. Whether you need a business template or more information on an ACOA program, this is your one-stop information shop.
Or contact us by email:
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Atlantic time)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: