2 Billion Trees Program ongoing call for proposals
The ongoing call for proposals is open. Learn more about the process and your eligibility here. Submit your proposal by August 10, 2023, to receive a decision by February 2024. Apply today!
When can I apply?
The 2 Billion Trees (2BT) program has launched an ongoing call for proposals – applications can be submitted anytime. The 2BT program will process and assess proposals based on the submission date and provide decisions at specific intervals.
For applications submitted by August 10, 2023, the program will provide decisions by February 2024.
Upcoming decision dates:
- Apply by October 12, 2023, for a decision by April 2024
- Apply by December 14, 2023, for a decision by June 2024
To apply for funding, select the following button to assess your eligibility. After the assessment is completed, an Apply now button may appear.
If you require help, contact the 2BT program.
Assess your eligibility to apply today
After you apply
The 2BT program is a merit-based competitive process. After you apply, you will learn if your project meets the mandatory eligibility criteria within a few weeks.
If your project meets the criteria, the next step is a robust evaluation process to determine if your project will be able to meet the goals and adhere to the principles of the 2BT program. The proposal evaluation process may include:
- Additional information requests
- Assessments by expert panels that are internal and external to the government
- In-depth financial and technical inquiries to assess capacity
- Reviews by internal boards of corporate governance to ensure projects follow Government of Canada policies and procedures
- Consultations with provinces and territories for proposed activities that are on Crown land
The program aims to provide most final decisions within six months of the application. The time required varies and can depend on the project complexity, the need for additional information, and the types of revisions required.
Contact us for webinar dates and registration details. The webinars will provide you with information on how to submit your online application and will include a question and answer period with program officials.
For more information about the application or the webinars, contact the 2BT program.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: