Step 6: Share the results from your Canadian federal electoral reform event
It is vital for all Canadians to engage in meaningful dialogue about Canadian federal electoral reform and that the results of your dialogue are shared with the Special Committee on Electoral Reform.
You may wish to use or adapt this sample template for structuring your submission to the Special Committee on Electoral Reform.
You may also wish to check out other information on how to participate in parliamentary special committees on the Library of Parliament website.
If you wish to reach the Minister you can email her at CDNdemocracy-democratieCDN@pco-bcp.gc.ca or by mail:
Privy Council Office
c/o Minister Monsef
85 Sparks Street
Canadians who choose to submit a brief to the Committee must meet the following criteria/conditions:
- only one (1) brief can be submitted per person;
- the deadline for the submission of briefs is 11:59 p.m. (EST) on Friday, October 7, 2016;
- briefs must not exceed 3,000 words (including the summary page and footnotes);
- briefs that are longer than 1,500 words must be accompanied by a summary; and,
- it is recommended that within the brief the author present a list of recommendations and their relationship with the principles set out in the motion adopted by the House of Commons on Tuesday, June 7, 2016, outlining the mandate of the Committee.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: