2021 Canadian Creative Industries Virtual Trade Mission to Sweden
Following the successful delivery of the Creative Industries Virtual Trade Missions to the Netherlands in November 2020, and to Germany in March 2021, and in light of the ongoing uncertainty related to travel and gatherings, Canadian Heritage is proceeding with its third virtual trade mission to Europe, scheduled for June 22 and 23, 2021, focused on Sweden. The business delegation will include the companies and organizations that were already selected to participate in the postponed, in-person Creative Industries Trade Mission to Europe. Canadian Heritage will therefore not launch a new recruitment process for this virtual mission.
This initiative reflects how Canadian Heritage pivoted its trade operations to virtual initiatives to continue to delivery its mandate under the Creative Export Strategy, helping Canadian creative industries maximize their export potential despite the challenging circumstances due to the pandemic.
Through this virtual mission, the Department is aiming to:
- allow companies to access valuable international business development opportunities despite restrictions on travel and on large gatherings;
- build momentum for the in-person Europe trade mission (dates to be confirmed upon lifting of travel and health restrictions);
- introduce companies to potential partners/buyers/investors in the Swedish creative industry market ahead of their participation in the Europe mission, through high-quality, tailored matchmaking; and,
- leverage Canada's participation in the Nordic Bridges 2022 cultural initiative.
The 2021 Virtual Creative Industries Trade Mission to Sweden is tailored to Canadian creative businesses that show high export potential and readiness for the Swedish market and operate in one of the following sectors: music, performing arts, audiovisual, and interactive and digital media.
Participants have already been selected through the recruitment process for the postponed European Mission, using the following criteria:
- Have targeted Sweden as part of their international business strategy, either to export or establish a presence in the country;
- Have not yet entered this market but have a strong interest and export-readiness for it and would benefit from mentoring opportunities with the Trade Commissioner Service and companies that are well established and have achieved success in Sweden;
- Are already negotiating with Swedish companies, and could benefit from a Government-led trade mission to further negotiations or secure business deals.
The virtual program, which will be delivered over two half-days through a dedicated online platform, will include:
- targeted business-to-business matchmaking, tailored to each company’s objectives,
- a market information session, and
- sub-sector presentations from Swedish industry stakeholders and roundtables to allow interactions and exchanges between Canadian and Swedish delegates.
- Date modified: