Canada History Week 2018
Join us to celebrate Canada History Week from November 19 to 25, 2018. This year’s theme is Science, Creativity and Innovation: Our Canadian Story.
View the digital magazine, created by Historica Canada especially for Canada History Week. You will also find videos that highlight the accomplishments of four exceptional Canadians.
The week will shine the spotlight on historic achievements by Canadians in the fields of medicine, science, technology, engineering and math. Innovative Canadians from diverse communities have helped to change the way we live. Throughout the week, we will share these inspirational stories and highlight the great work being done in the history community.
To learn more about history, science, creativity and innovation in Canada, visit:
- Historica Canada
- Dictionary of Canadian Biography
- Canada’s History
- Canada Science and Technology Museum
- University of Ottawa: Canadian Archive of Women in STEM
- Defining Moments Canada
- National Research Council Canada
What is Canada History Week?
Canada History Week provides all Canadians with opportunities to learn more about the people and events that have shaped the great country that we know today. Canada is full of unique people, places and events. Canada History Week is a great time to discover them! Past themes included:
- In 2014, Canada History Week had a different theme each day: Discovering our National Museums, Discovering our Historic Sites, and more;
- In 2015, the theme was Sport through History which connected with the Year of Sport in Canada;
- In 2016, the theme was the 100th anniversary of women’s first right to vote in Canada, and great women in Canadian history;
- In 2017, the theme was “Human Rights in Canada: Challenges and Achievements on the Path to a More Inclusive and Compassionate Society."
Want to share online?
Use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Flickr to share what you are learning about Canadian history. Post photos, videos and messages and take part in the discussion using the hashtag #HistoryWeek2018.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: