Canada History Week 2022
Canada History Week 2022 takes place from November 21 to 27. This year’s theme is Arts, Culture, and Creators. The week encourages Canadians to reflect upon and engage with Canada’s past.
View the digital magazine created by Historica Canada for Canada History Week to learn more about Arts, Culture, and Creators.
Canada History Week is organized by the Canada History Fund. For more information on the program, please consult Program details – Canada History Fund.
Share your stories
Use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram to share what you are learning. Post photos, videos and messages and take part in the discussion using the hashtag #HistoryWeek2022.
What is Canada History Week?
Canada History Week provides all Canadians with opportunities to learn more about the people and events that have shaped the country that we know today. Past themes included:
- 2014 - Canada History Week had a different theme each day including Discovering our National Museums and Discovering our Historic Sites
- 2015 - Sport through History which connected with the Year of Sport in Canada
- 2016 - The 100th anniversary of women's first right to vote in Canada, and great women in Canadian history
- 2017 - Human Rights in Canada: Challenges and Achievements on the Path to a More Inclusive and Compassionate Society;
- 2018 - Science, Creativity and Innovation: Our Canadian Story
- 2019 - Working for the Future: a century of change in how Canadians work
- 2020 - Exploring the History of Canada’s Environment and Climate
- 2021 - Indigenous History: Learning about Indigenous leaders, language revitalization, and cultures
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: