Canada History Week 2020
Join us to celebrate Canada History Week from November 23 to 29, 2020. This year’s theme is Exploring the history of Canada’s Environment and Climate.
View the digital magazine, created by Historica Canada for Canada History Week, to learn more about Environmental History. You will also find three new videos that highlight important environmental stories from Canada’s past.
Throughout the week, we will share inspirational stories and highlight great work being done in the history community by many stakeholder organizations including:
- Historica Canada
- Dictionary of Canadian Biography
- Canada's History
- Association for Canadian Studies
- Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami
- Royal Canadian Geographical Society
Want to share online?
Use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram to share what you are learning about Canadian history. Post photos, videos and messages and take part in the discussion using the hashtag #HistoryWeek2020
What is Canada History Week?
Canada History Week provides all Canadians with opportunities to learn more about the people and events that have shaped the great country that we know today. Canada is full of unique people, places and events. Canada History Week is a great time to discover them! Past themes included:
- 2014 - Canada History Week had a different theme each day including Discovering our National Museums, Discovering our Historic Sites;
- 2015 - Sport through History which connected with the Year of Sport in Canada;
- 2016 - The 100th anniversary of women's first right to vote in Canada, and great women in Canadian history;
- 2017 - Human Rights in Canada: Challenges and Achievements on the Path to a More Inclusive and Compassionate Society;
- 2018 - Science, Creativity and Innovation: Our Canadian Story; and
- 2019 - Working for the Future: a century of change in how Canadians work.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: