Canada History Week 2019
Join us to celebrate Canada History Week from November 18 to 24, 2019. This year’s theme is Working for the Future: a century of change in how Canadians work.
The week will highlight labour history and changes in the workplace in Canada. Throughout the week, we will share inspirational stories and highlight great work being done in the history community.
To learn more about labour history in Canada, follow us on social media and visit:
What is Canada History Week?
Canada History Week provides all Canadians with opportunities to learn more about the people and events that have shaped the great country that we know today. Canada is full of unique people, places and events. Canada History Week is a great time to discover them! Past themes included:
- 2014 - Canada History Week had a different theme each day including Discovering our National Museums, Discovering our Historic Sites;
- 2015 - Sport through History which connected with the Year of Sport in Canada;
- 2016 - The 100th anniversary of women’s first right to vote in Canada, and great women in Canadian history;
- 2017 - Human Rights in Canada: Challenges and Achievements on the Path to a More Inclusive and Compassionate Society; and
- 2018 - Science, Creativity and Innovation: Our Canadian Story.
Want to share online?
Use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Flickr to share what you are learning about Canadian history. Post photos, videos and messages and take part in the discussion using the hashtag #HistoryWeek2019
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: