Program details – Canada History Fund
From: Canadian Heritage
The Canada History Fund encourages Canadians to improve their knowledge about Canada's history, civics and public policy. The Fund supports the production of learning materials, the organization of learning activities and the creation or maintenance of networks.
Citizen-focused activities component of the Digital Citizen Initiative
On January 30, 2019, the Canada History Fund invited applications for projects to take place between April 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020 to address digital and civic literacy. The objective of this funding opportunity is to support organizations working to build resilience to online disinformation. Applications are now under assessment.
Application deadline: February 11, 2019 NOW CLOSED
Read more about the citizen-focused activities component of the Digital Citizen Initiative.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, your organization must be:
- an organization that has a mandate with a focus on Canadian history, civics, or public policy, and a demonstrated track record of successfully delivering programming nationally; or
- a post-secondary educational institution.
All applicants must demonstrate that their activities have a national geographic reach.
Individuals, governments, Indigenous authorities and Canadian organizations that generally deliver regional programming are not eligible.
Eligible projects may include:
- learning materials;
- websites, mobile applications or other new media tools;
- group activities such as conferences and workshops;
- establishment of networks and partnerships;
- large-scale works of reference; and
- research and publications on current trends and public policy issues about Canada.
Conservation and archive-building projects; and projects designed to fill the curriculum needs of one specific province or one particular course/institution are not eligible.
How to apply
Please contact us to determine eligibility of your organization and project and request an application package.
Department of Canadian Heritage
Canada History Fund
15 Eddy Street, 8th floor, 15-8-C
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (EST).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: