Program details – Canada History Fund
The Canada History Fund encourages Canadians to improve their knowledge about Canada's history, civics and public policy. The Fund supports the production of learning materials, the organization of learning activities and the creation or maintenance of networks.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, your organization must be:
- an organization that has a mandate with a focus on Canadian history, civics, or public policy, and a demonstrated track record of successfully delivering programming nationally; or
- a post-secondary educational institution.
All applicants must demonstrate that their activities have a national geographic reach.
Individuals, governments, Indigenous authorities and Canadian organizations that generally deliver regional programming are not eligible.
Eligible projects may include:
- learning materials;
- websites, mobile applications or other new media tools;
- group activities such as conferences and workshops;
- establishment of networks and partnerships;
- large-scale works of reference; and
- research and publications on current trends and public policy issues about Canada.
Conservation and archive-building projects; and projects designed to fill the curriculum needs of one specific province or one particular course/institution are not eligible.
September 30, 2020 for projects that start during fiscal year April 1, 2021-March 31, 2022
How to apply
Please contact us to determine eligibility of your organization and project and request an application package.
Department of Canadian Heritage
Canada History Fund
15 Eddy Street, 8th floor, 15-8-C
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (EST).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: