Canadian Heritage Guidelines for User Submissions in Social Media Tools
The Department of Canadian Heritage is pleased to provide social media tools to encourage information sharing, collaboration, and interactivity. These tools will help ensure audiences get important information on Canadian Heritage programs and services. Comments are welcome on most social media tools, although you may need to log in or create an account with the specific social media tool before providing your comments.
The use of social media tools by Canadian Heritage is intended to facilitate interaction between the users of these tools and Canadian Heritage, and in no way verifies or confirms either the accuracy of the comments or their compliance with the User Submission Guidelines provided below. Canadian Heritage does not endorse any of the views in the comments that are posted and reserves the right to remove or not post any comments if they appear to be in breach of the User Submission Guidelines.
User Submissions Guidelines
Please keep your submissions relevant to the topic and be civil.
- Racist, sexist and offensive language;
- Hate speech;
- Sexually explicit content;
- Personal attacks and defamatory statements;
- Breaking copyright rules (that includes copying and pasting excerpts from other sites without permission and attribution);
- Violating someone's privacy, e.g. by providing personal information such as phone numbers and e-mail addresses;
- Threats or harassment;
- Insensitive comments;
- Posting press releases and commercial promotions;
- Anything illegal;
- Messages for advertising purposes;
- Messages written in a language other than English or French;
- Unintelligible or irrelevant messages;
- Partisan or political content;
- Announcements or messages from lobbying, labour or political organizations; and;
- Any other message that the forum moderators feel will not add to the normal flow of debate.
What if I have a question?
Please note that all questions received won’t be answered directly in the Social Media tools. A message will invite you to redirect your question or request. In fact, questions and requests for general information on the programs, services and publications of Canadian Heritage should be directed to:
Canadian Heritage Enquiry Centre
15 Eddy Street
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M5
Telephone: 819-997-0055 or 1-866-811-0055
TTY : 1-888-997-3123 (Teletype for the hearing impaired)
Media queries should be directed to:
General Media Enquiries
Telephone: (Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET)
Toll-free within Canada: 1-866-569-6155
Outside Canada: 1-819-994-9101
How are comments moderated?
All comments are moderated. Some may be pre-moderated or screened beforehand. This means that Canadian Heritage will read the comments before they are published to make sure they adhere to the User Submission Guidelines and take up to two days. Canadian Heritage will do its best to have all comments posted promptly. Canadian Heritage will not edit comments, but to ensure that a comment is posted Canadian Heritage asks that the users follow the User Submission Guidelines.
What if I see a comment I don't like?
If you disagree with a comment, you are welcome to respond. If you feel someone has violated the User Submission Guidelines, click on the Report link found beside every comment on Facebook and indicate the problem
Can I post Canadian Heritage photos and videos on my own web site or elsewhere?
For more details on this topic, read Canadian Heritage's Terms and Conditions section.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: